Joint Session met this past Monday. Here are few highlights…
– meeting was opened with Scripture and Prayer from Rev. Thomas
– Rita MacRae attended the workshop for session clerks on writing minutes and presented a report
– Easter Sunday 11:00 am loose offering is to go to the Good Sam fund $266.00
– Rev. Thomas and Rev. Cathy will be away on vacation and will miss Sunday June 2nd and 9th
Rev. Thomas will be attending General Assembly and they will be visiting family also.
Rev. Thomas is to arrange pulpit supply.
– Joint Session decided to have one joint service each of the Sunday Revs Thomas and Cathy are away.
June 2nd, 11:00 am in Hunter River
June 7th, 11:00 am in Glasgow Road
– Joint Session decided to provide child care for the charge meeting May 11th Rita MacRae is to arrange
– discussion on the Next Steps information sheet resulted in a slight change, further discussion and a decision to distribute via The Scoop
with paper copies to be made available on Sunday so every member and adherent has a copy *a copy is available under the heading “Way Ahead-to be considered for the May 11 meeting” added as a post on this website!*
– next meeting set for May 13th, 7:30 pm in Brookfield
– Rev. Steven Stead closed with Prayer
– Here are the birthdays/anniversaries for this week and the Prayer list.
Birthdays…May 5th..Conner VanEwyk, John Cummings, Brian Weaver
May 6th..Dwayne VanEwyk, Shelli MacPherson
Anniversaries…May 8th..Peter and Monica Joostema
– Prayer list…Ena Hill, The Family of the late Shirley Dickieson, Garth Matheson, Alysia and Carl(Rev Thomas and Rev. Cathy),David Stevenson, Don MacDonald, Kenny Cousins,
Sonny and Dorothy Clow, Heather Ford, David MacIntyre, Eddy Dykerman, Eric Shaw, David MacLean, Irwin Campbell, Aneilia River Watts,
If there are any questions or concerns about something that’s happening or not happening in the Charge, please speak to Rev. Kay or an Elder.
Our regular weekly events for the charge…..
– May 5th, Sunday – GriefShare in Hunter River 2:00 PM- 3:30 PM (final session)
– Prayer meeting – at Phillip and Shirley Weatherbee’s house on Tuesday evening 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm. All are welcome.
– Youth Group – Thursday evenings at Central Queens Elementary School Gym.
Start up time is 6:30 pm wrapping up at 7:45 pm. All youth Grade 3 and up are welcome.
Come on out for some fun, games and fellowship!! Remember…no school, no youth group.