TIME IS GETTING SHORT…BETTER MAKE THE CALL SOON!!
– Need a hand to complete your tax return?
The Canada Revenue Agency’s Community Volunteer Income Tax Program (CVITP) is offering free tax preparation clinics where volunteers complete tax returns for eligible individuals.
You may be eligible if you have a modest income and a simple tax situation.
These suggested income levels are a guideline for determining eligibility:
Family size Total family income
1 person $35,000
2 persons $45,000
3 persons $47,500
4 persons $50,000
5 persons $52,500
To make an appointment, call 902-621-2522.
* Even if you have no income to report for 2018, you should still file your return to be eligible to receive certain tax credits and benefits.
– April 13th, 15th and 18th, 7:00 am – 9:00 pm – Provincial election Advance Polls for District 15 will be in the church basement at Brookfield Church.
– April 18th, Thursday, 7:00 pm – Maundy Thursday Service will be held in Hunter River Church with Communion.
– April 19th, Friday, 7:00 pm – Good Friday Service will be held in Glasgow Road Church.
– April 20th, Saturday, 10:00 am – 11:30 am – Special Seminar at Brookfield Church. ‘A Closer Look At The Arrest, Trials and Conviction of Jesus’.
Come hear the story behind the story. All are Welcome.
– April 21st, Sunday, 6:30 am – Easter Sonrise Service will be held at the Dr. Ellis Gazebo in Hunter River with breakfast following in the church hall.
– April 21st, Sunday, 11:00 am – Easter Sunday service for the charge will be held in Brookfield Church with Communion.
– April 24th, Wednesday, 7:00 pm – Chris Robonson form Cavendish will be guest speaker at the Hunter River Lions Club.
The title of his topic is “The Ticking Lyme Bomb”. Hear how to diagnose tick borne Lyme Disease, also prevention and treatment.
Everyone is Welcome
– April 27th, Saturday, 7:30 am-10:00 am – Hunter River Lions Club will be hosting a pancake breakfast.
Get your day started right, come enjoy some good pancakes for $7.00/adults!!
– April 29th, Monday, 7:30 pm – Joint Session meets in Hunter River…Elders, please note the date change!
May Dates for consideration
– May 4th, Saturday, 9:00 am – 1:30 pm – Mikinduri Children of Hope is having their annual Book and Yard Sale at the Eastlink Center.
There is a huge selection…something for everyone. Admission is a $2.00 donation or a full blue bag of clean clothing.
Anyone wishing to donate pre-loved items, we will be accepting donated items at the Eastlink Center Thursday, May 2nd from 2:00 pm to 7:00 pm
and Friday, May 3rd from 9:00 am – 3:00 pm.(sorry we cannot accept baby equipment, tires, old computers, TVs except flat screens and encyclopedia sets.
For more info or to volunteer contact Karen – 902-887-2517 or firstname.lastname@example.org. To have larger items picked up contact Ernie Gallant – 902-566-3463.
– Here are the birthdays/anniversaries for this week and the Prayer list.
Birthdays…April 13th..Rita MacRae (um…Stewart, don’t forget!!)
15th…Connie Barlow (same Alan!!)
18th..Melina Barlow, Wendell Nicholson, Margo Connors
Anniversaries…April 15th..Clark and Maureen Fryday
– Prayer list…Alysia and Carl(Rev Thomas and Rev. Cathy),David Stevenson, Don MacDonald, Kenny Cousins, Sonny and Dorothy Clow, Heather Ford, David MacIntyre,
Eddy Dykerman, Eric Shaw, David MacLean, Irwin Campbell, Aneilia River Watts,
If there are any questions or concerns about something that’s happening or not happening in the Charge, please speak to Rev. Kay or an Elder.
Our regular weekly events for the charge…..
– April 14th, Sunday – 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm, Bible Study will conclude in Glasgow Road. All are Welcome.
– April 28th, Sunday – GriefShare in Hunter River 2:00 PM- 3:30 PM (note date..none Palm Sunday or Easter Sunday)
– Prayer meeting – at Phillip and Shirley Weatherbee’s house on Tuesday evening 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm. All are welcome.
– Youth Group – Thursday evenings at Central Queens Elementary School Gym.
Start up time is 6:30 pm wrapping up at 7:45 pm. All youth Grade 3 and up are welcome.
Come on out for some fun, games and fellowship!! Remember…no school, no youth group.